I’ve been trying to eat healthier lately, and for that, I’ve been on a mostly paleo diet.
On paleo, there’s no pasta, so you look for alternatives, and this is one that was actually tasty:
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 pot of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 50 g pine nuts
- 2 dl olive oil
- 4 chicken fillets (500 g)
- 80 g (¼ cup) grated parmesan cheese
- Slice zucchinis into noodles using a mandolin, julienne peeler or even cut with a knife (gives a more uneven result).
- Chop basil leaves and garlic cloves in a food processor coarsely. Add olive oil slowly while processing until blended. Add salt and pepper.
- Heat some water. Add zucchini noodles and boil for 1-2 min maximum.
- Fry the whole chicken fillets 1,5 min on each side until golden.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 20 min.
- Let cook until they are well done. Let rest a few minutes then cut the fillets up into 0,5-inch-cubes.
- Halve the tomatoes and combine zucchini pasta, fresh pesto, tomato halves and chicken.
- Toss together until everything is coated in creamy fragrant pesto.
You can vary this pretty easily, my daughter likes to have it with Alfredo sauce, for example.