Breakfast pizza, yup, I said it, this is a relatively healthy way to start the day with turkey pepperoni, green pepper, mushrooms, egg whites and of course, cheese.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices turkey pepperoni (0.25 ounce total), quartered
- 2 tablespoons diced green sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons presliced mushrooms
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 deli flat 7-grain thin roll, split
- 2 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese, cut diagonally into quarters
- 4 slices Roma tomato (optional)
- Coat a small nonstick saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Sprinkle pepperoni, sweet pepper, and mushrooms into saucepan; cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk; pour over pepperoni mixture in saucepan. Cook until egg white mixture begins to set. Using a spatula, fold the partially cooked egg white mixture over; cook about 2 minutes more or until it is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast the deli flat halves. Place cut sides down. While still warm, spread each half with 1 teaspoon of the pizza sauce; place two of the cheese quarters on each half.
- Spoon half of the egg mixture over each of the prepared deli flat halves. If desired, top with tomato.