I love rice bowls, and this yummy dish – moist and tender chicken braised in a tasty Thai style spicy peanut sauce served in rice bowls with a fried egg and plenty of fresh herbs – is a rice bowl that tops the list.
What you need:
- 1 cup Thai spicy peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs, fried or poached
- 1 cup coarsely chopped and steamed spinach
- 1/4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- cilantro to taste, torn
- mint to taste, torn
- basil to taste, torn
- birds eye chilies to taste, sliced
- 1/4 cup crispy fried shallots
How to Make it:
- Mix the peanut sauce and coconut milk and place it in the slow cooker along with the chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from liquid and shred.
- Assemble the rice bowl, mix and enjoy!