Blackberry ketchup is the craze currently and we love it at our house too, so I started working on a recipe that was tasty and got this one…
What you need
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tangerine, zest grated
How to Make It
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the berries, vinegar, and water to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain out the seeds and return the liquid to the saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, cayenne pepper, butter, and grated tangerine rind.
- Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool.