I’ve been using 1password since I bought it a few years ago. This post is to show some tips on using it.
First, What is 1password?
This is from the 1password website. “1Password can create strong, unique passwords for you, remember them, and restore them, all directly in your web browser.”
Here are a few tips I’ve found useful that you might find interesting.
- Download a Browser Extension
- Learn Keyboard Shortcuts
- Sync with Dropbox: this is great for syncing between multiple devices, I’m doing ipad, iphone and laptop)
- Store your credit cards numbers in 1Password for easier e-commerce
- Easy Multiple Factor Authentication. Easily fill in those stupid questions about the street you grew up on)
- Find your weakest passwords. “Since reusing passwords is one of the most common mistakes most folks make, we wanted to make it easy to fix the problem. Ideally you want to make sure that every site has a unique password, but here is how you can determine which passwords are the weakest and change them first. It is a great place to start.”