I tend to do a lot of driving between my house and my office, sometimes 2 – 2 1/2 hours in my car a day.. So I listen to a lot of stuff.
I thought I’d put together this list to show what I listen to usually:
- Build and Analyze: this weekly podcast by Marco Arment (marco.org, instapaper.com) and Dan Benjamin (5by5.tv) is a nice development podcast that covers a wide variety of topics.
- Hypercritical: another 5by5 podcast, they discuss weekly tech news, mostly around apple.
- The Big Web Show is on 5by5 and hosted by Jeffrey Zeldman who I’m sure you all know. Jeffrey can get at the big questions with his breadth of experience in this industry.
- Core Intution: a weekly podcast by Daniel Jalkut and Manton Reece mostly focused on Apple developments.
- The B&B Podcast: Shawn Blanc and Ben Brooks’ weekly tech podcast.
- ShopTalk Show: Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert cover design in this weekly talk.
- The Web Ahead with Jen Simmons is also on 5by5. It is an interview show but Jen brings a lot of her own web experience to the shows.
- The Non Breaking Space Show with Christopher Schmitt, Dave McFarland, and Chris Enns brings in the “web’s best and brightest” for chats.
- The Talk Show with John Gruber and a variety of guest hosts each week, covers a range of mostly Apple topics.
I listen to most of the episodes of the above podcasts. Kinda depends on how much time I spend in the car or doing stuff where I feel like podcasts instead of music. I also listen to others where I’ll download and listen a show or two here and there, like This Week in Tech, Security Now, or MacCast.
What are your favorites?