I’ve posted a turkey cab salad with avacado dressing recipe before, but this post is going to expand on the dressing for use as a dip..
This dip is especially nice at BBQs, and this is the season for that.
What you need
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (recommended: Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
How to make it
- Cut all around the ripe avocados down to the pit. Twist and separate the halved fruit. Remove the pit with a spoon, then scoop the flesh with a spoon into your food processor bowl.
- Add the zest and juice of 1 lemon to the food processor.
- Chop garlic on your board and mash with 1 teaspoon salt to paste the garlic. Add garlic paste and the red wine vinegar to the food processor.
- Place lid on the food processor and turn it on. While the blade is spinning, stream in extra-virgin olive oil and add hot sauce.
- Stop processor, taste dressing and adjust seasonings.
- Stir, and serve with pita or nacho chips.