A classic poppy seed dressing is a nice change from the standard vinaigrette, and this easy version is a snap to make:
Just mix cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, and oil until a tangy-sweet dressing forms.
It’s great tossed in coleslaw, or try it with chicken fingers for a new twist on honey-mustard dipping sauce.
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Place the vinegar, honey, mustard, poppy seeds, and salt in a large, nonreactive bowl, season with pepper, and whisk to combine.
- While whisking constantly, slowly add the oil until all of it is incorporated.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate the dressing in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 2 weeks.