This recipe for Spaghetti and Meatballs is a simple and delicious recipe that the whole family will love.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 x onion, peeled then grated on a cheese or potato grater
- 2 x garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 x egg yolk
- 1 x small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Olive oil
- 2 cups or so of tomato sauce
- 1 lb. package of spaghetti
- Toss the breadcrumbs into a small bowl and pour the milk over them. Stir to combine then set aside the mixture until the crumbs have absorbed all the milk.
- Place the ground beef into a large bowl and add the grated onion, minced garlic and egg yolk. If you like add the optional Parmesan. Add the breadcrumb mixture, nutmeg and parsley. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix well. Form into 8 large meatballs.
- Pre-heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When its hot add a splash of olive oil, enough to cover the bottom. Add the meatballs. Patiently sear them until they are well browned on all sides. Drain off any excess fat. Add the tomato sauce of your choice and simmer until the meatballs have cooked through about 15 to 20 minutes. Cook the spaghetti in lots of boiling salted water, drain without rinsing and serve with the meatballs.