- 1 cup white or brown sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup, 4 tablespoons) of butter, softened
- 2 x eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 x large spoonfuls of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a stand-up mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue to beat for a few more minutes. Add the vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and add to the mixer. Combine well then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough with lightly floured hands into a log, approximately 12 inches long and 3 inches wide. You may find it easier to divide the dough in half and form two shorter logs. Place on a
parchment-lined baking sheet flatten slightly and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool until you can handle it. Slice diagonally, into 1/2-inch slices and return to the baking sheet. Bake again until the cookies lightly brown, about ten minutes. Flip them over and brown another few minutes.
- Cool and enjoy with a cup of espresso!