- 1 1/2 cup butter, divided (375 milliliters)
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled (375 milliliters)
- 1 pkg frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (125 milliliters)
- Melt 3/4 cup of butter in a saucepan. Stir in half of the chopped garlic. Set aside.
- Place remaining butter, remaining garlic, chopped onion, and spinach into a large frying pan, and sauté over medium heat until cooked (approximately 10 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Place spinach mixture in a large bowl, and stir in feta cheese. Mix well.
- Spread out 3 sheets of the phyllo pastry dough, and brush the top with 1/3 of the melted butter and garlic. Cover with another 3 sheets of phyllo pastry dough. Spoon out half of the spinach filling on top of this dough, and spread it evenly across the surface. Cover the filling with another 2 sheets of phyllo pastry dough and top with the remainingfilling, spreading it evenly across the surface. Top this with another 2 sheets of phyllo dough, and brush with 1/3 of the melted butter and garlic.
- Roll the phyllo and filling into a log. Brush the top with the remaining melted butter and
- garlic mixture. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds. Score the log with a sharp knife.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.