Preperation Time: **10 min **Total Time: **30 min **Makes: ** 4 servings. **You need:
- 4 portions of cod fillet
- 25g butter
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 can mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Grease a fairly deep ovenproof dish. Set the oven at 375
- Arrange the cod portions on the base of the dish.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the onions and fry gently for 4-5 minutes until slightly softened. Remove the onions with a spoon and place on top of the fish. Cook the mushrooms in the same way.
- Meanwhile bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the diced green pepper and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and add to the fish, followed by the mushrooms. Top with the tomato slices, generously sprinkled with salt and pepper.
- Combine the cheese and breadcrumbs in a bowl, mix well, then sprinkle over the fish and vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve at once.