Egg Rolls, are a favourite appetizer ordered by people everywhere, and now, we willl show you how to make them in your own kitchen.
Preperation Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
Makes: 10 servings.
- 1 lb. chinese cabbage
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 lb. cooked pork
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Liberal dash pepper
- 1/2 tsp. light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 10 egg roll skins
- 3 cups oil
- Boil cabbage and celery until very tender.
- Drain and squeeze out excess water. Shred very fine and set aside to drain further.
- fry pork.
- Mix all ingredients but egg together.
- Beat egg.
- Wrap filling in egg roll skins and seal with egg.
- Heat oil in wok or deep fat fryer to 375 degrees and drop in egg rolls.
- When skin turns light golden brown, remove from oil and drain. (At this point restaurants refrigerate them and finish the cooking process as needed.)
- When cool, drop again into hot oil and fry until golden brown.